Friday, January 15, 2021

What I Read January

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  


My reading once again has slowed to a trickle. The books below I finished in December

All Adults Here  by Emma Straub

I struggled with this one a bit. This family drama story got lost in all the side stories which covered everything from coming out of the closet as an older woman, transgender, bullying, unwed mother, artificial insemination, adultery. It was a lot.  Truth be told I didn't enjoy it.

Ties that Tether by Jane Igharo

This story about immigration and assimilation. How do you retain your culture living in a new culture? This book was on the spicy side so if you that isn't you type of book it is probably not for you. Azere promised her dying father to marry a Nigerian man but immigrates to Canada. Her mother keeps setting her up with Nigerian men but she falls for a man not of her culture . This also a man who she had a one night stand with. This was a quick read and I think has important message about maintaining our culture but also embracing a new one. It was an okay read for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment