Saturday, September 19, 2020

Trek for the Treasure 2020

It was a heck of a summer with Covid and quarantine. I did Trek for the Treasure run by United General Hospital a couple years back with my best friend. I was mentioning how much I would like to do again and my oldest son said he would like to do it.
So, we formed the team Yo Ho Pirates with our younger son as alternate crew member. Trek for the Treasure - Legends Never Die was a abbreviated version this year. You took a picture at a designated spot and the puzzle clue was sent to the teams. There were a total of 4 hikes. These were all hikes I have never been on. Interesting enough my best friend and her oldest daughter also formed a team. We both hiked these hikes with our oldest kids.


Somethings that surprised me were how much my older son enjoyed this. He wanted to do this and a bit of this was outside his comfort zone aka long drives and long hikes. It also reinforced to me it isn't how fast you hiked but did you complete it. I also rediscovered I am stronger than I think.








No comments:

Post a Comment