Friday, December 15, 2023

What I READ in 2023

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone else is reading. 


Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner


This is a reread for me. (Previous Review) Sharon Says So book club is reading this. Can't wait for the author meet. I actually liked it better when I discussed it.  I reminded that food is love and memory.


What I Read 2023 - book total = 17 books

Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand

The Revolutionary Samuel Adams by Stacy Schiff

Know My Name by Chanel Miller

The Guardians by John Grisham

The Last Russian Doll

Living the Quaker Way

The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt 

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

Educated by Tara Westover

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See

Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See

Life in a Jar

Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann

Things I Wish I Told My Mother by Susan Patterson

Hidden Potential by Adam Grant

Dough by Mort Zachter


The Books I had the Most Ongoing Discussions About

The Revolutionary Samuel Adams

Hidden Potential - I had both my Husband and Mother-in-Law read this.  This is really thought provoking.

The Righteous Mind

The Hardest Book I Read

The Revolutionary Samuel Adams - I am glad I had book club for this book. It was challenging but worth it. It opened my eyes to politics back in the day and how they weren't all that different today.  Samuel Adams was amazing and somewhat erased from history. 

Best Fiction Book I Read

Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See - it was a wonderful story, and I loved the historical context.



No comments:

Post a Comment