Thursday, July 15, 2021

What I read July

I am linking up to Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit linky. Check out what everyone else is reading.

Working on the Summer Reading Guide and living the library hold life. I had been pleasantly surprised at the pace my holds have been arriving. 


Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney

Quinn the main character in the book loses her journal that contains sensitive information about her life.  The journal is found and the black mail begins. I thought this was a good YA book. It wasn't necessarily my cup of tea but I appreciated the way the topics of racism were covered. This book is by a black author.  


Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner

Michelle talks about losing her Aunt and Mom in a short span of time. She talks about how food was love to her Mom. How she found her Mom in cooking Korean food. I found myself wanting to try Korean food. I even looked up where the closest H Mart to me was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment