Sunday, July 2, 2023

Weekly Roll




Tried out a new to me recipe from Real Simple - Chicken Sesame Meatballs and Pickled Cucumbers. It was delicious.  I would have liked more sauce so definitely double.  I also made a batch with turkey, and it turned out well too. Good recipe for the heat as the meatballs cooked in skillet.

Linky Love

Rip City Remix - Blazer's G Team. I dig the name. I got strong sadness around the Blazers right now. Lillard asked for a trade which is great for him not so great for the Blazers

Largest Slide in the State to Open - This is in New Mexico. I want to go. Sounds like it won't open until the fall

DIY Flower Path - I am in love with this. I want the giant mushrooms too.

Inappropriate Thoughts

It has kind of been a long hot week. On Friday, I had to restart my day 3 times.  First time was a nope. Second time was a Nope. Third time was a maybe.  I literally closed my eyes and tried to restart my day. I woke up in a MOOD.  I have been staging a WAR in my backyard. We have thorns called goat heads.  We have been trying to pull at night but the heat at 7 pm is still in the 100s.  So for two mornings in a row I have used my office hour to pull these stupid weeds. I feel like I made zero dent. It is depressing.



I got my husband and I matching weeders.  That is romance I tell you.

Deep Thoughts


Last Sunday, I got to participate in an author chat with Yaa Gyasi. We discussed her book Homegoing.  It was delightful. There are several quotes that spoke to me. Below is one.


I think about this a lot when I write family history stories. I also think about my own story. I want to be the one to write it. I also think about legacy too.  Floret Growing Season 2 Erin talked a lot about legacy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment