Thursday, July 13, 2023

Throwback Thursday


Once upon a time, I worked for North Central Institute in Clarksville, TN.  I worked in admissions and records.  At the time, North Central institute wasn't at its present location. It was founded by Dr John McCurdy and they taught A&P Classes for airframe mechanics and powerplant to get their FAA, real estate, and turned military experience into college credits. It was really my first job as a married spouse to a military member. This was prior to 9/11 and I do think about the overseas calls we got about our program, too. In retrospect this seems surreal as the world changed drastically after 9/11. 

Just prior to that I worked at Kelly's Temporary Service at a cardboard factory. That is a story for another day. Above are the wings we wore on our blazers.  I ran across the other day in my jewelry.

A couple of weeks ago, I took my son to Eastern New Mexico University Roswell.  We toured their campus, and they have an aviation maintenance technician A&P program too. I felt like I came full circle.


My son isn't interested in this program, but it was fun to tour their hanger and see what students work on. 

I am grateful for all the mentorship that Dr McCurdy and Tami Taliento provided to me when I worked there.  I learned a lot about being a professional and customer service.  I also learned an immense amount how the business of higher education works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment