Saturday, July 22, 2023

52 Ancestors - Birthday


I have been participating in 52 Ancestors in 52 Week by Amy Johnson Crow. This week's prompt is Birthday. So, I chose someone who shares my birth month of November. I chose Frank R Lendman. Frank is my Great Grandfather. I met him when I was just a young girl.  

Frank R Lendman was born in Hancock Iowa on November 14, 1891 to John Lendman and Ida Schadwell. The 1900 census has Frank living in Orthel Iowa but by 1910 he is a farmhand in Wascott, Wisconsin. Eventually he made it to Grant Indiana. He married Delight Baldwin 30 June 1915 at her parents' house. 

Delight and Frank, and ?

Delight and Frank had 2 sons - Harold "Tony" and Frank Jr. In 1920 has Frank working at a Glass Plant in Grant Indiana. I am unsure what Glass factory he worked for. It quite possibly was Standard Glass Company based in Marion, Indiana. Standard Glass Company made high grade prescription bottles. By the 1930 census, the family was living in Lancaster Ohio and Frank worked for Anchor Hocking Glass Company. By 1950 Frank was a foreman in the Furnace Room for Anchor Hocking.  The 1950's census has his son Frank Jr also working for Anchor Hocking. In 1957, his wife Delight would pass away. Frank would pass away in 1982 in Lancaster Ohio and be buried in Marion Indiana. He would live until 90 years old!



No comments:

Post a Comment