Sunday, June 4, 2023

Weekly Roll

 


Saw these cactuses in bloom behind a local thrift store. They are just so beautiful.


The Curious Case of Natalia Grace - This is a wild true story and even after watching I am still conflicted. It seems like everyone is a liar. 

Lemon Bars - Budget Bytes. These were delicious but not quite as good as my friend's bars. I have lemon bar envy


Inappropriate Thoughts

I really think homeowner's Spanish should be taught in high school.  My high school Spanish teacher would be appalled at the state of my Spanish.  The phrases I need to say

You water is running. You need to shut it off. 

The insulation is over there. 

Turn the music down. My neighbors already hate us.

Deep Thoughts

I watched Shiny Happy People - It was about the Duggars.  I thought it was well done and married the Gothard IBPL story with the Duggars. But I just kept thinking and I have thought in my adult years how many times people have been harmed by organized religion.  How worshiping the structure of the church instead of God.  How the church has brushed under the rug sexual assault and various other crimes. We wonder why church membership has declined.  I am still a believer, but I am less likely to join a church than ever before. I have felt in the past that I can't reach the bar of membership - not religious enough, won't follow their arbitrary rules, ask too many questions, and sometimes not broken enough. Isn't my belief enough to be included in your congregation?  


No comments:

Post a Comment