Sunday, May 21, 2023

Weekly Roll -


I was MIA last weekend as I went to Colorado to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. She is going to kill me that I posted the above photo. It has been a very long time since I have had the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day with her.  My Mom is a special lady, and she loves to laugh. I appreciate her so much. 

Inappropriate Thoughts




Well we took my husband to a steakhouse for his birthday. You think with steak in the name there would be steak, right. Well the steakhouse was out of steak. GO figure. Put this in the Only in New Mexico file. That file is getting awfully full.  I did bake him a delicious Orange Carrot Cake.  You can't taste the mandarin oranges at all. The cake was really moist.

Deep Thoughts


May 2022

Last year at this time, we began our move to New Mexico. We threw our lives into the blender. Moving is very disorienting.  I don't miss Washington, but I do miss my friends. We moved to an extremely challenging place as far as actually amenities, location, and services. The work here is very rewarding for my husband. We feel safer here.  

When you make a choice people don't want you to complain about it. It is like you made your choice now you have to live with the consequences. I don't like that paradox. I can make a choice and it can be hard and have good reasons. I also can have regrets/challenges and be rewarding. Two contradictory truths can exist. We are here now, and we are trying to make the best of it.


May 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment