Tuesday, May 9, 2023

House to Home - Porch/Lounge Evolution

 Well we have this little enclosed back porch. I had an outdoor/ oasis at my previous house. I knew I wanted part of this space as a place to hang out/hide.  I used my back patio at my old house. At this new house, I spend about an hour each day keeping office hours as I call them. This is when I read my book club book, blog, and pay bills.  It is usually from 8am to 9 am.  This is my hour to get my day started. I started this spring to do my office hour out on our back enclosed porch.  It was a mess. This had turned into a landing place for lots of misc stuff. We have a small closet we are using for tool storage. We also have our upright freezer here as well. I am trying to keep all that stuff on one side of the space. Here below is a picture of how it looked.


This is what you could see from the rocking chair I have on one side. It was a disaster.


I worked on it a bit and at least you could sit more easily here. Still a boat load of junk everywhere and not that great if working conditions. 

I decided to put the coffee table that my dad made during high school in the oasis. I also got a 9.99 palm from Sam's club. Getting a great tropical desert oasis vibe.


My Husband gave me an early Mother's Day gift of a bookcase.  He built it to fit just right.


Above is the oasis in the current state. It is looking pretty good. I hope to add a rug and I will call it good enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment