Saturday, May 20, 2023

52 Ancestors - Bearded


I am participating in Amy Crow Johnson's 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks.  This also part of a project I am working on for the year called Dead People Files. This week's prompt was Bearded.

I chose Samuel Mellor for this week's prompt. Samuel is my 5th Great Grandfather. He is bearded.


I kept finding the picture above on various genealogy sites but not the biographical sketch. I believe the picture is from History of Morgan County, Ohio with Portraits and Biographical Sketches of Some of its Pioneers and Prominent Men. There is a biography in the aforementioned book.

Samuel Mellor was born March 3, 1794, in Liverpool, Lancashire, England as the son of George Mellor and Leah Colley. He married Margaret E Young on August 31, 1817, in Washington, Ohio. They were the parents to 4 sons and 1 daughter. Samuel farmed and work at the trade of coopering. Coopering is making barrels and casks. After Margaret passed in 1839. Samuel married Susannah Bacon and they had Henry. He died in 1880 and was 86 years old.

Children

George V Mellor - Teacher, Sailor, Miner - Doubled Cape Horn

Almira Keyser

*John Benjamin Mellor - tinsmith had shop in Malta Ohio

William E Mellor- Doubled Cape Horn with his brother George and Washington McConnel

Samuel W Mellor

Henry L Mellor ( mother Susannah Bacon)

*My 4th grandfather


No comments:

Post a Comment