Friday, July 15, 2022

What I Read July

 I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy. Check out what everyone else is reading.

No one is more surprised that I am actually posting books read. We have just moved. It has been an all-consuming adventure. I guess it is no surprise to anyone but my first thing I did was get a local library card.


People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

I actually started this at the beginning when we did a house hunting trip. That was April. I have picked this up and put it down so many times. It is a good somewhat light reading book. Poppy is a travel writer, and she has a complicated relationship with her best friend who often accompanies her on her adventures.I know it got a lot of buzz last year. I think this is a great beach read. It just came at the wrong time for me.


The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly - I picked this up because I watched the series Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. This follows the book fairly well and the differences don't really change the overall plot.  The main character Mickey Haller inherits another lawyer's practice after he is killed. One of the cases he inherits is a high-profile case of a movie executive in the book and in the series a game designer owner. Mickey likes to work out of his fleet of Lincoln cars. I really enjoyed both the book and Netflix series. If you are into lawyer books, I think this a great read.



No comments:

Post a Comment