Thursday, July 7, 2022

Moving Diaries - The Bell Tolls

 Well it wasn't a bell but a clock chime. (Same, same) I was getting ready for bed and every once a while I hear a clock chime. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It seemed like it was coming for the inside of the closet or wall.  It wasn't happening at regular intervals. It was starting to freak me out. I finally realize it must be my grandma's clock. This was my Grandma Marvel's clock.


I hadn't unpacked all the boxes in our room and earlier we had been moving some of the boxes around.  Well all that movement must of wound the clock or something because it was in the bottom of one of the unpacked boxes.  I haven't heard it chime in like 40 years. Last time, I heard it chime had been at my grandma's house. I had been afraid to wind the thing up.  It is currently located on top of the china hutch in the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment