Sunday, June 6, 2021

The Gift of Time - Class of 2021


I have never really liked when people said , "Oh you are giving him the gift of time by waiting until he is 6 to start Kindergarten." At the time it felt like a huge life altering decision and perhaps we had failed as parents.  However looking back for this kid, it was the absolutely the right decision for so many reasons. He stands at the finish line of his public school career.


I also received the gift of time this past year. I spent a lot of time with him as he learned at home. He worked out of my home office. We had some great discussions and they weren't discussions we would of had if he hadn't been home. I got to see a different side of my son. That was a real gift and something definitely a positive that came out of this year.


Hats off for Class of 2021. Go out and be great! This class is great at pivoting. That is a skill that will serve them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment