Sunday, August 27, 2023

Weekly Roll


Linky Love

These are ethe raptors in your Albuquerque Neighborhood - I am newish to New Mexico so learning what kind of birds are here is cool.

A rare giraffe was born without spots. Nonna suggested naming the new giraffe "Brownie"  

Massive 21 Foot Tall Sculpture of Ancestral Goddess Unveiled in Colorado - I think I need to put this on my Colorado go to visit list.

RushTok - This sucked me right in. It is a trainwreck.  The link was found via Modern Mrs Darcy

Inappropriate Thoughts


August 19th was international geocaching day.  We found a geocache at our local cemetery.  Not sure why there is such a security fence around it. We have cut way back on our geocaching, but I still like the hunt. 

DEEP THOUGHTS


6 years ago my best friend and I hiked Cascade Pass. Mrs Epi texted that to me this week. I can't believe it was 6 years ago. It was by far one of the hardest hikes I have hiked. There are a lot of switchbacks something like 30 plus. I am a person of size who at the time was in fairly decent hiking shape, but it was challenging for me. There is a point on that very hike I thought I don't know if I can do this. 

Because I am pretty sure at switchback 16, I really wanted to turn around.  I think as we crossed the last rock field before the top I said to myself, "If the top isn't around the corner I am going to stop here and die." I am a bit dramatic. (blog post quote)

In large part, I completed that hike because of my best friend's encouragement. Hiking will teach you to handle the hills.  We all have hills or steep parts in our lives where we think I am not going to be able to do this thing/situation. This is too much.  Hiking has taught me that if I can get myself off that mountain, I can do this thing whatever that is.  Your friend can encourage you, but your legs are what are going to take you home. 

handling the hills

Cascade Pass Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment