Sunday, January 8, 2023

Weekly Roll

linky love


Ham and Cheese Foldovers - these were delicious and easy. However the price of puff pastry has gone up so not so economical. I guess some people are having a hard time finding puff pastry.

Southwest Road Trip - This sounds fun and could be really really outdoorsy. 

Cheapest and Most Expensive Places to buy a house outside a National Park Should we all move to be near New River Gorge in West Virginia. 


Inappropriate Thoughts


15 Rounds has a different connotation now, right.  I am referring to the speaker race for the house. I thought it was funny my book club book, The Revolutionary Samuel Adams, for Sharon Says So had the above quote on the chapter we were assigned. I have lots of thoughts about this both positive and negative such as how can the Republicans not have it together. Would I stand up for my beliefs and not vote for the status quo? I once again remember how difficult and messy a democracy is.  

I was also consumed with the news about the Buffalo Bill player, Darmar Hamlin injury. My best friend's son is studying sport medicine who is like a nephew to me. There is no doubt the quick action by the sports medicine people saved his life. This is definitely a WTF moment. 

Lastly my husband is a law enforcement officer. Bullet Proof vests save lives. WEAR YOUR VEST. It is most likely your agency's policy.  People are not bullet proof.  Border Patrol Agent Shot. You have no idea how close to home this hit. 


Deep Thoughts


I liked this idea about a more list by EliseJoy so I made my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment