Monday, March 14, 2022

What I Read March

I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy.  Check out what everyone else is reading!

I had a really good reading month.  I read a lot of variety. 


The Secret Life of Dorothy Soames by Justine Cowan

Justine had a difficult relationship with her mother. Her mother seemed to suffer from some mental health issues. In her later years her mother revealed to Justine she was a foundling in London. After her mother's death, she searches out her mother's origins. This is part a genealogy search and the history and inner workings of the foundling system. This is an interesting and a heart-breaking rue story Even after Justine's search there were unanswered questions about her mother. But what she learns explains so much she couldn't understand about her mother.

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Finally got my hands on this book.  This is a great read. I understand the hype. Who doesn't love a family saga set in a surf town? 


How to Host a Viking Funeral by Kyle Scheele

Kyle is a wonderful speaker. I discovered him through Instagram.  He built a giant cardboard Viking ship and invited people to send in their regrets. Then he burned it to the ground. Kyle is hilarious and profound and that is a rare combination. I think we all have regrets and Kyle writes about this subject in such a relatable approachable way.  I wish I could follow through with my creative thoughts like Kyle.


1 comment: