Tuesday, May 25, 2021

52 Ancestors - At the Cemetery


I am linking up with Amy Johnson Crow 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.  


Newlon Grove's Cemetery is a cemetery is founded by my ancestors located in Cass County Iowa. The first acre was donated by Herman Pringey. Herman Pringey is my Great Great Great Uncle. Herman Pringey came to Iowa after the Civil War from West Virginia. Herman is a civil war veteran. He served with the 3rd West Virginia Infantry, Company H. Herman met his future wife, Sarah, at the wedding of his sister Candance. Candance is my great great great Grandmother. Sarah and Herman had 7 children. He was to live to age 90.  


Herman is pictured on the left in the picture above with some of  his siblings.  All of them pictured except Abbie above are buried in Newlon Grove's Cemetery with their respective spouses. The majority of those buried in Newlon's Grove are related in some way to the Pringey's or the first settlers. 

I think I might have visited Newlon Grove Cemetery as a young girl on the many trips to Iowa I took with my parents and grandparents but I have no memory of the cemetery. I also have many relatives buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Cass County as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment