Thursday, March 14, 2024

What I Read March

 I am linking up to Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  Check out what everyone else is reading.

I feel like my reading has been taken up almost completely with my book club book.


Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson

This isn't a book I would typically pick up. I like Isabel Wilkerson's descriptive writing that forces me to slow down for my reading style. I started this during Black History month.  I am learning a lot about something I know too little about. I usually take notes on book club notes on my kindle scribe, but this has forced me to take pen to paper. This book follows 3 people and their various migration routes. This book is a long one at 543 pages.


The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

This is part of the backlist challenge I am taking part in. This book was published in 2014. It tells the story of the Grimke sisters inspired by Sarah Grimke based loosely on their life stories and the slaves that they grew up with in Charleston, SC. The Grimke sisters were the first female abolition agents and earliest of the feminists. I thought it was an interesting book.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've loved Sue Monk Kidd ... thanks for the nudge to do a re-read of one of her works!
    https://lindastoll.substack.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books are on my to read list! Ugh! they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete