Thursday, February 2, 2023

What is Saving Me

 What is saving me? I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy. Check out what everyone else is saying.

I know it is always the little things that are saving me.

NBA League Pass

I am a closeted Trail Blazer fan.  I moved to New Mexico from Washington where it was fairly easy to catch a game on cable tv.  My husband gifted me an NBA League Pass and I love being able to easily watch the Blazers except when they play the Suns.  The Suns are considered the local team. (Don't know how.) Watching these games is something I really look forward to. My husband might have gotten the short end of the stick on this one as I like to comment on the game. I think I should be hired as the inappropriate commentator. - Dame Time! The Albama Slammer from LSU, What does Grant have in his designer bag, Bosnian Beast, The Shaq of Troutdale etc.  He is not a sports fan.  

Lotion


It is dry here and so is the skin. I know that Cetaphil has been saving my hands. If I could just get my husband to stop quoting Silence of the Lambs, " It rubs the lotion on the skin."

Tea


Another gift from my husband as I couldn't find the chia tea in stock at our local store. This is the best chia tea. I am a big fan of Stash tea Chai but this is better in my opinion. I am an avid coffee drinker but during the winter I like to slow down with tea.

Creative Endeavors

sneak peek at this year's valentine

I have been riding a creative wave lately. If you are a creative type, you know you just got to ride the wave while it last. I think I always put this on what is saving me. I just have put my homemade valentines in the mail to be remailed through Loveland Colorado to get stamped with the Loveland Valentine Cachet.  It is truly a labor of love.  Every year, I come up with a new one. This year I had too many ideas.

Mantras


"Everything is Figureoutable" and "That isn't a worry for today" have been my go-to sayings. We completed a surprise move from Washington to New Mexico. We are still in the messy middle even after 9 months and saying these two things has reframed things for me. I have said it so much that Nonna, my mother-in-law, has gotten me a sign with "Everything is Figureoutable on it".

1 comment:

  1. "Everything is figureoutable" - what a fantastic mantra! I love those Valentines - I hope you'll show the final product!

    ReplyDelete