Sunday, August 21, 2022

Weekly Roll


Well, I helped in a move last week that also involved a multi-state road trip hello WA, OR, ID, WY, CO, and NM. 

Linky Love

How to Take a Book Vacation - sign me up!

From Autistic Linear Spectrum to Pie Chart Spectrum - I like this explanation of autism and the visual is helpful

Inappropriate Thoughts


I got road trip questions.  I need to know what is growing over there that I can't identify from the road. There needs to be SIGNS. Am I right?  I need to know how long truck drivers can drive before pulling over.  I need to know what that building is.  Why are they building a mental health facility next to the city dump. I SERIOUSLY HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS. My mother-in-law said we need to have a book of questions. I think we need to have a lonely road podcast.  


Sunset Photo by my Husband aka The Giant Man Child on August 15th. 

Deep Thoughts

Can you imagine responding to a car wreck every day. However, you have no training, and no one ever comes to assist you. Sometimes I feel that is what is caregiving is. 

I have spent enormous amount of time trying to set up services for adult son in New Mexico. It reminds me a lot of the beginning of his journey with Autism. However, this time I know what I am dealing with, and I know what needs to be done. I am also aware of my limits, and I had to say "no" this week to a service that my son had in the past. I saw that it was going to exceed my bandwidth and it didn't improve my son's care in quality. Maybe I can learn. 

In my son's early years, I would literally get called to school so often. I had PTSD when the school number flashed on my caller ID.  The thing is when I arrived at the scene of the incident. I was the most under qualified person to respond with the least information about the incident.  I was always held accountable for someone else's behavior which I didn't really understand at the time nor was I the cause of the behavior. It was a scene that repeated over and over. The harder I tried to modify someone behavior the worst the behavior became. I was called to the principal's office so many times.  I know now I am not responsible for other people's bad behavior and nor will I assume the responsibility. Sometimes I fall back into bad habits, and I was reminded of that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment