Saturday, July 4, 2020

Oasis Dreams

I have written about my oasis before - Here. It is my hideout from my children. Well with a new deck I think I really need to up my game. Picture above is of my current situation. I would really like some rocking chairs but this will do for now.

My requirements for an Oasis

Comfortable seating
I use folding camp chairs. My patio has no cover except for a slight roof overhang so the ease of picking these up outweighs the comfort. Check out the post The Outdoor Chair that Saved My Quarantine

Place to set drink or book
I have a small glass patio table. These are pretty affordable. I got mine at a garage sale so it was super affordable

Shade 
There is a slight overhang which keeps this area somewhat dry. No one should fry in their oasis. 

Budget friendly
Our summer season is rather short. We can get a lot of rain. So most items are clearance or thrift. The table in my oasis I got a garage sale. The outdoor mat was from Micheal's I think I paid $12. I have used for several seasons. The flowers (geraniums) were on the distressed plant rack at Walmart. The pillows are the $5 outdoor ones at Walmart. I have had them for several seasons. I do put them away during the winter.

Outdoor Outlet is a plus. You know you are going to want to plug in your phone. You might want to stream Netflix on your laptop etc. 

Some inspiration links

Deb and Danelle's Porch Makeover with QVC - These gals are awesome. I love love their style.


No comments:

Post a Comment