Monday, February 3, 2020

What is Saving Me


Up here in the Pacific Northwest it is dark. Sometimes I need to remember what is saving me. I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy. Check out what is saving everyone else.

Cookie Stockpile

I think I have listed this almost every other time on "What is Saving Me." I remember sitting at a MOPS (mother of preschoolers) presentation by Lindsay Ahrens. Lindsay has a cookbook called Fix Freeze Feast with Kati Neville. Lindsay was saying how having freezer meals allowed to extend her hospitality. This month I was able to contribute cookies to a funeral because I had a stockpile of frozen cookie dough. It was easy to extend my hospitality.

Piano

I purchased an electric keyboard from COSTCO. I have been wanting a piano for a long time. I just couldn't pull the trigger. I took lessons for like 12 years but after I left High School I basically quit playing.  I was amazed how much has come back to me. I find playing super relaxing.  I basically have been playing a little bit each day.

Preschool Art
Printmaking with Cds

I like to be creative but I am not an artist. I have been doing some preschool art projects and I find it is good low entry way to stretch my creative muscles. I am only doing it for my own satisfaction. That is such a luxury and so freeing.  Is that considered Art Therapy?

Decluttering Challenge

I am partcipating on a online challenge at Creating Mary's Home. I am amazed at how much I have gotten rid of . It is nice to have some guidelines on how to do this. It is also holding me accountable. This is a 90 day challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment