Thursday, January 1, 2015

Quotable Habit

If there are no white hats, if everyone is evil, if the deck is always stacked, if everyone I love is a monster, if no one is worth saving, what is the point?”
... “There is, incidentally, a point.  If there are no more white hats, if the deck is always stacked and if everyone you love is a monster, there is in fact someone worth saving.”
“Who?”
“Everyone!  Everyone is worth saving.  Even the monsters, even the demons.  Everyone is worth saving.  In the face of darkness, you drag everyone into the light.  That is the point.  At least I’d like to think that is the point. Of you.”
                                                                                                                                                        (Scandal)
 
 
I have habit of writing quotes on the back of my to do list.  I thought I would share what I was quoting last year.
 
Sometimes you will
never know the value
of a moment until it
becomes a memory - Dr Seuss
 
There are no wrong
turnings. Only
paths we had
not known we
were meant to
walk - Guy Gevriel Kay 
 
On the road of life, you can't get off
the exit ramp without some bumps
and roadblocks -and a few detours - Oprah
 
Be a warrior
not a
worrier (Ps 116:2,Phil 4:6-7)
 
Po to Shen (Kung Fu Panda II)
You've gotta let go of that
stuff from the past, cause
it just doesn't matter. the
only things that matter is
what you choose to be now.
 
with enough money,
anyone can create a
pretty house.  But it
take intention to
create a home - Nester ?
 
Be like Bacon,
The Meat that Exceeds
 
I live by the ABCs: Adventurous, Brave, Creative - Walter Mitty
 
To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.
 
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
 
Isn't everything worthwhile a gamble? Can't good come around sometimes through some back doors? - The Goldfinch
 
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment