Friday, February 15, 2019

What I Read February

My reading life is picking up.  I don't know if it is the colder weather.  My book selections are interesting this month.  I don't think they will be everyone's cup of tea.

Both of these books are true stories with the subjects having trauma in their lives and causing trauma.  I don't know what is attracting me to these type of books.


Sandra has lots and lots of trauma in her life.  She began her life as a boy.  This true story follows her life and her stories of cleaning up other people real life messes - hoarders,deaths, etc.  This was a slow read for me.  I don't know what compelled me to pick it up. I thought parts of this were extremely graphic.


I'm Just Happy to Be Here by Jannelle Hanchett
I saw this book recommended by another instagrammer.  This true story is about a mom that deals with addiction to drugs and alcohol mainly to alcohol.  Most of the book deals with her descent into addiction.  The last part of the book deals with her recovery.  I am just so so on this .  I did appreciate her sponsor's, Good News Jack,  advice - " If you're are sitting in the living room but want to be in the kitchen, the first thing you have to do is realize you're in the the F....living room. Which lead to Janelle's realization "We can't get someplace new until we're honest about where we are."


Bliss(ters) by Gail M Francis
You know I can't resist a trail about the Pacific Crest Trail.  This is a shorter one.  I enjoyed the descriptions that Gail provided and how she hiked the trail.  Her trail name was Nightingail.  She liked to sing while she hiked. If you are in need of more adventure reads check out my post Arm Chair Adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment