Friday, August 25, 2017

Trek Hike #6 - Cascade Pass Trail

Hike 6 for Trek for the Treasure was Cascade Pass Trail.  We did this hike on Tuesday of this week. Clocking in at 7 miles round trip. This one was a hard one for me with the elevation gain, biting black flies, switchbacks (33+), rock fields. I literally could not do it without my friend. Mrs Epi's prodding and coaching was essential to me making it to the top.  She is an amazing friend. Mrs Epi could of made it in half the time without me.
large rock field on way down mtn
photo by TT
Because I am pretty sure a switchback 16, I really wanted to turn around.  I think as we crossed the last rock field before the top I said to myself, "If the top isn't around the corner I am going to stop here and die." I am a bit dramatic.


I do think think it is one of the prettier hikes we have done.  The view from the top is definitely awe inspiring.
Team Fluffy Squirrels
photo by random stranger

View from Parking Lot
photo by Me
Parking Lot from trail looking down
photo by TT
I guess we missed seeing a bear playing in the snow by an hour.  Mrs Epi was super bummed because that is her life goal. We did see and hear Pikas.  Couldn't get a good picture.  There were lots of chipmunks on the trail.

On the way back to keep my mind off the trail.  I came up with a few hashtags.

#34plusswitchbacks, #notanordinaryday, #fatpeoplehike, #bandwidthexceeded, #mybffrocks, #breakingstereotypes, #unlikelyhikers, #notanotherswitchback, #alittlehelpfrommyfriends, #JesusJuice, #NoPainNoGain, # WhataView, # NOTdead, #Pika, #OnceinaLifeTime, #ReachedmyLimit, #JustMissedaBear, #GETMEoffThisMtn, #dustytrails, #girlwithpoles, #hikersuperhighway, #slowhiker, #EatmyDust


No comments:

Post a Comment